Thursday, September 11, 2008

new process


I just started building a new set of stretcher bars for my next painting last night. I've never used this process before. Actually lately I've grown pretty complacent, and have just been using 2x2" beams. they are often a little warped, or twisted so it makes the whole process less than ideal and even downright mediocre. So I've decided to buy 1x3" poplar planks and then glue a strip of 1" molding to edges. this will provide a nice lift for the canvas, and any warping in the beams themselves is almost nonexistent. My only fear at this point is the see how the frame holds up, or possibly warps once I wrap the canvas taught around the stretcher bars. Hopefully I can nullify this as much as possible using cross beams and metal joint supports.
Anyway, here is a photo of me gluing the molding to one of the poplar beams.

2 comments:

Nasir Guyton said...

HEY MAN DON;T FORGET TO PAINT ME A PICTURE -'- ...................... LOLZ...................... OMG

laura said...

Im so glad i ran into you two on sat. We need to get together more. I want to see some art on your blog. See ya